Sunday, January 13, 2013

Working at the Aquarium

 
                         In one day I have learned so much, It is interesting how that works out.
Discovering a World I never had, Makes the World seem just that much
bigger! I want to learn so much, Explore so much and never stop.


Bamboo Shark Egg, I pondered this as it sat
 in front of me during training. What an
interesting new tid bit I never knew.




 
This is the Shark and Stingray Touch pool, There is also the Invertebrates touch pool, Both
where I will be working and learning. The Invertebrates touch pool in very interesting, learned
more then I knew. I think my favorite part is the Horseshoe crab, I will be starting first
on this one. There are nine different invertebrates my partner and I will get to choose from
to show the general public. The Vertebrates are though my favorite part, I really enjoy watching
the Stingrays and touching their jelly like skin. The striped bamboo shark are very thick to
the touch, I hadn't gotten the chance to feel them until today, They seem as if they don't normally
like to be touched. They start off with stripes on their bodies, but as they get older they 'disappear',
The one I was able to observe up close and touch had already lost its stripes and older. Having
to wear a blue vest and name tag, cute lol.
 
On my way to discovery..
 
 


 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment